MID- TO SENIOR-LEVEL NATURAL RESOURCES BIOLOGIST
LGL Limited environmental research associates
LGL is accepting applications for a career-oriented fulltime Natural Resources Biologist in our Sidney, BC, office. LGL Limited is one of North America’s premier ecological research and consulting firms. Our scientists conduct research, monitoring, and environmental assessments for a variety of clients in Canada, the United States, and beyond.
Much of our work involves providing technical support and advice to our long-term Indigenous clients faced with the prospect of industrial developments in their treaty areas and traditional territories. The successful candidate will be a team player – thoroughly experienced in the application of ecological principles and practices, with an emphasis on Indigenous relations in the context of federal and provincial environmental assessments.
To succeed in this position, you must be business-minded, motivated, and flexible. An ongoing commitment to reliable and competent service to colleagues and clients is essential. The position entails office time, inter-regional collaboration, and fieldwork involving travel and working in remote areas.
The successful candidate demonstrates abilities and experience consistent with the following minimum requirements:
- MSc with specialization in natural resources (e.g., wildlife, fish, ecosystems)
- Registered Professional Biologist or eligible for such
- At least 7 years of experience in natural resources research and management – preferably in a consulting role
- At least 7 years of experience working in the field of environmental assessment and able to demonstrate a working knowledge of the full scope of provincial and federal EA processes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience developing and managing complex projects, including budgets, schedules, and deliverables
- Valid driver’s license
Salary & Benefits: LGL Limited provides competitive salaries commensurate with experience and capability. We also offer financial and extended health care benefits.
Apply: If you are qualified and interested in joining the LGL team, please send via email a cover letter describing how you meet the requirements of the position, your career goals and objectives, citizenship/residency status, contact details for at least two current professional references, and a full CV to:
Ms. Joanne Dovey
9768 Second Street
Sidney, B.C. V8L 3Y8
E-mail any enquiries. No phone calls please.
LGL is an employee-owned, international environmental research and consulting firm with 47 years of experience conducting fish and wildlife research and monitoring projects in North America and around the globe. At LGL, we focus on practical, credible, and timely solutions to meet our clients’ needs.