LGL Limited – King City, ON
LGL Limited’s Ontario Region is seeking a full time Environmental Planner for immediate employment in our King City office to support our team on various federal, provincial and municipal environmental assessments and transportation/transit projects. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual with attention to detail, good time management, strong interpersonal skills, and excellent written and oral communication skills. This individual will have a positive attitude, a strong work ethic, and will be self-directed and motivated to produce high quality results in a collaborative work environment. Demonstrated experience working in the environmental planning/environmental assessment field and delivering high-quality environmental documentation is a definite asset.
- work closely and collaboratively with a team of environmental planners, biologists and GIS analysts to complete environmental assessments and natural heritage inventories, and to assist in the preparation of high quality scientific and technical environmental assessment documentation;
- work closely and collaboratively with clients to ensure any project related issues are resolved quickly and to meet project deadlines;
- undertake environmental impact assessment and identify environmental protection, mitigation, and monitoring measures for infrastructure projects;
- assist with the process of obtaining environmental approvals/permits/exemptions;
- design and implement external agency and public consultation programs including liaising with relevant agencies to obtain ecological information and input on environmental issues;
- attend project team meetings and consultation meetings for projects; and
- conduct occasional field investigations.
Essential Qualifications and Technical Skills
- degree in environmental science, environmental studies, environmental design, environmental planning or urban/regional planning from a recognized University;
- minimum two years of relevant professional work experience;
- knowledge and experience with relevant legislation (such as the Ontario Environmental Assessment Act, Canadian Environmental Assessment Act, 2012, Environmental Protection Act, Species At Risk Act, Fisheries Act, Endangered Species Act, Migratory Birds Convention Act, Ontario Provincial Policy Statement) and policy documents;
- member/candidate member with the Ontario Professional Planners Institute (Registered Professional Planner (RPP) Designation) and the Canadian Institute of Planners (Member of the Canadian Institute of Planners (MCIP) Designation) is considered an asset;
- ability to collaborate as part of a dynamic team as well as to excel in an individual role;
- ability to respond to deadlines and meet budget goals;
- excellent time management and communication skills (written and oral);
- proficient with Microsoft Office software applications; and
- a valid driver’s license.
Salary & Benefits
LGL Limited provides competitive salaries commensurate with experience and capability and comprehensive employee benefits.
Send via email a cover letter with career goals and objectives, citizenship/residency status, and a full CV to:
Ms. Constance Agnew
22 Fisher Street, P.O. Box 280
King City, ON L7B 1A6
Email any enquiries. No phone calls please.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates considered for the position will be contacted.
LGL Limited is a Canadian, employee-owned company established in 1971 to provide environmental research and consulting services. Our head office is located in King City, Ontario with secondary/affiliate offices located throughout North America including Cambridge, Ontario. LGL’s clients include government, industry, First Nations and non-government organizations. LGL employs over 75 full-time professionals including freshwater and marine biologists, wildlife biologists, botanists, environmental planners and computer database/mapping specialists.
LGL’s Ontario business group began more than 25 years ago to serve the Ontario market, primarily related to land and infrastructure development and natural resource management.
Please visit www.lgl.com for more information.