LGL Limited – King City, ON
LGL Limited, considered one of North America’s premier ecological research and consulting firms, is seeking a Certified Arborist to join our growing King City office. We provide leading-edge, science-based solutions to a diversity of clients while maintaining the utmost integrity.
We are seeking a Certified Arborist to support our work with private and public sector clientele for whom we provide ecological consulting services.
Qualifications and skills of the successful candidate may include:
- Attainment of an Arborist certification with the International Society of Arboriculture;
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in a related/complementary discipline (e.g., Ecology, Geography, Biology, Land Surveyor, Fish and Wildlife Technology, Forestry, Landscape Architecture);
- Experience conducting tree inventory and health assessments consistent with standard arboricultural practices;
- Excellent vegetation identification skills and demonstrated experience in completing arborist assessments;
- Ability to provide support with data entry, GIS mapping, and preparation of Tree Protection Plans, Pruning Plans;
- Ability to provide support with wildlife habitat assessments such as bat roost tree assessment;
- Ability and willingness to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions and terrain;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, time management skills, and proficient with Microsoft Office;
- Ability to collaborate within a dynamic team and to work independently;
- Ability to respond to deadlines with high-quality technical reporting and attention to detail;
- A desire to continually improve upon written, oral, and technical expertise;
- A desire for a career in the environmental consulting field;
- Experience with construction monitoring and working in construction environments is considered an asset;
- A Butternut Health Assessor Certification is considered an asset; and
- Experience managing project budgets is considered an asset.
Additional ecological experience, skills, diplomas and certifications will be considered. Please outline all other certifications (e.g., ELC, OWES, OBBN, Electrofishing, Hazard Tree Assessment, Health and Safety).
The successful candidate will be highly motivated, flexible, and will be committed to providing impeccable service to colleagues and clients in a competitive, fast-paced, and ever-changing industry.
Terms of the Position
We are seeking to fill a full-time position. You must have a valid G-level driver’s license, and have access to your own transportation (mileage to be reimbursed). Salary is commensurate with experience.
If you meet the above requirements and are keen to join the LGL team, please e-mail a cover letter with career goals and objectives, citizenship/residency status, and a full CV to:
Ms. Thiviya Kanagasabesan
445 Thompson Drive, Unit 2
Cambridge, ON N1T 2K7
Email any enquiries. No phone calls please.
LGL is an employee-owned, international environmental research and consulting firm with 48 years of experience involving research, conservation, and management in terrestrial, freshwater, and marine environments in North America and around the globe (www.lgl.com).