INTERMEDIATE/SENIOR LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT
LGL Limited – King City, ON
LGL Limited, considered one of North America’s premier ecological research and consulting firms, is seeking an Intermediate/Senior Landscape Architect to join our growing King City, Ontario office. We provide leading-edge, science-based solutions to a diversity of clients while maintaining the utmost integrity.
LGL is seeking a business-minded LA who can expand our current client base, develop business and manage projects. The ideal candidate has extensive knowledge and experience in the application of landscape architectural principles and practices in Ontario’s regulatory framework. This individual will also have demonstrated understanding of ecological disciplines (e.g., planning, terrestrial) and the importance of their integration for effective project delivery.
To succeed in this position, you must be highly motivated, flexible and committed to providing impeccable service to colleagues and clients in a competitive, fast-paced, and ever-changing industry.
Qualifications and skills of the successful candidate:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in landscape architecture.
- Full member of OALA.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of professional design experience working in a landscape architectural firm.
- A proven track record in business development, including project scoping, budgeting, client development, and promotion of services.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and desire to share in the growth and success of the company, and aspirations for continued professional growth and advancement.
- Ability to leverage existing and future networking opportunities.
- Experience preparing conceptual designs, presentations, design development and construction documents across a wide variety of projects.
- Experience completing technical drawings for a variety of public and private sector landscape architectural projects including parks, trails, streetscapes and buildings.
- Experience preparing quantities and cost estimates, specifications and tender documents.
- Experience providing contract administration/construction inspection.
- An aptitude for project management of multiple and challenging projects, including budgets, schedules, deliverables, staff resources and client expectations.
- Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with colleagues to deliver high quality technical reporting and other deliverables on time and within budget.
- Candidates must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, time management skills, and be proficient with Microsoft Office software applications.
- Candidates must be proficient with AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design).
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
Terms of the Position
We are seeking to fill a full‑time position in our King City Office. You must have a valid G‑level driver’s license and have access to your own transportation (mileage to be reimbursed). Salary is commensurate with experience.
If you meet the above requirements and are keen to join the LGL team, please send via email a cover letter with career goals and objectives, citizenship/residency status, and a full CV to:
Ms. Thiviya Kanagasabesan
445 Thompson Drive, Unit 2
Cambridge, ON N1T 2K7
Email any enquiries. No phone calls please.
LGL is an employee-owned, international environmental research and consulting firm with 48 years of experience conducting fish and wildlife research and monitoring projects in North America and around the globe (www.lgl.com).