LGL Limited – King City, ON
LGL Limited, considered one of North America’s premier ecological research and consulting firms, is accepting applications for the position of a GIS Technician/Analyst in our King City, Ontario, office. We provide leading-edge, science-based solutions to a diversity of clients while maintaining the utmost integrity. LGL Limited is a private consulting firm that conducts research and environmental assessments for a wide variety of clients in Canada, the U.S.A., and elsewhere. The successful candidate will work as a member of our existing office-based teams to fulfill existing and upcoming project obligations. Some travel may be required. The successful candidate will be pursuing a long-term career in GIS, consistent with the qualifications and experience detailed below.
Qualifications & Experience: The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate abilities and experience consistent with the following minimum requirements:
- Post-secondary degree in GIS with a geography/Earth sciences focus, or advanced diploma in GIS from a technical school
- Applied, project-related GIS experience related to environmental sciences
- Working knowledge of GIS concepts, spatial analyses, and modelling
- Understanding of cartographic principles and the ability to produce high-quality mapping products
- Thorough understanding of ArcGIS and its associated tools and extensions (e.g., Spatial Analyst, 3D Analyst)
- Experience with AutoCad and Microstation considered an asset
- Ability to develop and implement geo-processing scripts, models for analysis, reporting, and modeling activities
- Familiar with database creation, management, and manipulation
- Working knowledge of geodetic principles, including map projections, datums, and the associated projection and transformation methodologies
- Experience in GIS software development including, model builder, python, .net, and web development tools
- Experience in the utilization and manipulation of raster datasets, including satellite imagery, orthophotography, Lidar
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Access, Word)
- Willingness to learn from others and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
Salary & Benefits: LGL provides competitive salaries and benefits.
Contact: Send via email a cover letter with your career goals and objectives, citizenship/residency status, and a full CV (be sure to describe how your qualifications and experience align with the criteria listed above) to:
Ms. Constance Agnew
22 Fisher Street
King City, ON L7B 1A6
Email any enquiries. No phone calls please.
LGL is an employee-owned, international environmental research and consulting firm with 48 years of experience conducting fish and wildlife research and monitoring projects in North America and around the globe (www.lgl.com).