ENVIRONMENTAL PLANNER LGL Limited – Cambridge, ON
About LGL Limited
Founded in 1971, LGL Limited is an employee-owned environmental research and consulting firm serving clients in Canada, the USA, and internationally. LGL’s client base spans industry, government, Indigenous groups, public corporations, academia, and non-governmental organizations. Our body of work, including peer-reviewed scientific publications, demonstrates our scientific competence in the field and office, our ability to evaluate the environmental impacts of human activities, advance scientific knowledge, and satisfy or exceed the requirements of our clients and regulators.
About the Role
Reporting to a Vice President/Senior Planning Ecologist, the Environmental Planner will support the team on federal, provincial, and municipal environmental assessments and transportation/transit projects. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual with attention to detail, good time management, strong interpersonal skills, and excellent written and oral communication skills. This individual will have a positive attitude, a strong work ethic, and will be self-directed and motivated to produce high-quality results in a collaborative work environment. This position comes with opportunities for career advancement and professional growth.
What You Will Be Doing
- Working closely and collaboratively with environmental planners, biologists, and GIS analysts to complete environmental assessments and natural heritage inventories.
- Assisting in the preparation of scientific and technical environmental assessment documentation.
- Ensuring clients project-related issues are resolved quickly and project deadlines are met.
- Undertaking environmental impact assessment and identifying environmental protection, mitigation, and monitoring measures for infrastructure projects.
- Designing and implementing external agency and public consultation programs.
What You Will Bring
- Degree in environmental science, environmental studies, environmental design, environmental planning, or urban/regional planning.
- Minimum two years of relevant professional work experience.
- Knowledge and experience with relevant legislation and policy documents.
- Member/candidate member with the Ontario Professional Planners Institute and the Canadian Institute of Planners is considered an asset.
- Ability to collaborate as part of a dynamic team as well as to excel in an individual role.
- Ability to respond to deadlines and meet budget goals.
- Eligibility to work in Canada.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract.
The complete job description can be found below. If this dynamic opportunity within a growing organization sounds like a great fit for you, please apply with your resume and cover letter HERE.
This posting will remain open until 4 pm EST on June 2nd, but a review of resumes will start immediately so do not delay applying. We look forward to connecting with you!
If you require accommodation in the recruitment process or have questions, please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LGL Limited is an employee-owned, international environmental research and consulting firm with over 50 years of experience in North America. LGL employs over 75 full-time professionals including freshwater and marine biologists, wildlife biologists, botanists, environmental planners, and computer database/mapping specialists.
With its head office in King City, ON, LGL’s Ontario business group began more than 25 years ago to serve the Ontario market, primarily related to land and infrastructure development and natural resource management.