FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING CLERK LGL Limited – Sidney, BC
About LGL Limited
Founded in 1971, LGL Limited is an employee-owned environmental research and consulting firm serving clients in Canada, the USA, and internationally. LGL’s client base spans industry, government, Indigenous groups, public corporations, academia, and non‑governmental organizations. Our body of work, including peer‑reviewed scientific publications, demonstrates our scientific competence in the field and office, our ability to evaluate the environmental impacts of human activities, advance scientific knowledge, and satisfy or exceed the requirements of our clients and regulators.
About the Role
Reporting to the Vice-President, Western Region and working closely with the accounting team, the Financial Accounting Clerk will provide service and support in the areas of accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, reconciliations, expense management, and other accounting-related duties.
NOTE: This is a part-time, temporary opportunity with the flexibility of working up to three days per week. It will be a 6-month contract to start with the opportunity of a contract extension or permanent placement.
What You Will Be Doing
- Working closely and cooperatively with the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable staff
- Expense claim processing, distribution for approvals, and entry into accounting software
- Managing part-time staff member’s timesheets, payroll, and expenses
- Accounts payable processing and cheque run weekly
- Managing bank deposits
- Bank statement and credit card reconciliations
- Project budget tracking
- Responding to a variety of inquiries from CFO, senior management, and project managers
- Performing additional administrative office duties as required and as compatible with the position
What You Will Bring
- Minimum 5 years of accounts payable experience in a database accounting environment
- Successful completion of a recognized accounting degree or diploma
- Familiarity with various taxes (i.e., GST/HST), is an asset
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to independently plan, prioritize and coordinate a diverse set of activities to consistently meet targets in an environment that includes changing priorities, tight deadlines, and frequent interruptions
- Intermediate-level knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Office applications. (Word, PowerPoint, etc.) and general working knowledge of computer systems and applications
What We Will Provide
- Competitive wage
- Extended healthcare benefits and long-term disability
- Career growth through mentorship, structured and informal professional development, and peer relationships
- A safe and respectful workplace
- Eligibility to work in Canada
- Full vaccination status
This posting will be open until filled.
We look forward to hearing from you and connecting with you!
LGL is an employee-owned, international environmental research and consulting firm with over 50 years of experience conducting fish and wildlife research and monitoring projects in North America and around the globe (www.lgl.com).