SENIOR WATER QUALITY SPECIALIST LGL Limited – Ontario Region
LGL Limited is one of North America’s premier ecological research and consulting firms. Our scientists conduct research, monitoring, and environmental assessments for a variety of clients in North America. We are presently seeking a full-time Senior Water Quality Specialist to join our Ontario team in Cambridge (preferred) or King City, ON. LGL Limited is a Canadian, employee-owned company established in 1971 to provide environmental research and consulting services. Our clients include government, industry, First Nations, and non-government organizations. We are comprised of over 100 professionals including freshwater and marine biologists, wildlife biologists, botanists, certified arborists, environmental planners, landscape architects, and computer database/mapping specialists. Our offices in Ontario include our head office in King City and a satellite office in Cambridge. The Ontario Region provides ecological consulting services for land and infrastructure development and natural resource management projects.
The successful candidate will be a team player, knowledgeable and experienced in the application of ecological principles and practices to protect and manage water quality under federal and provincial regulatory frameworks in Canada. Knowledge and experience with the regulatory framework in the US and the development of environmental quality benchmarks (e.g., water quality guidelines) are additional qualities of interest.
To succeed in this position, you must be business-minded, motivated, and able to respond to changing demands. An ongoing commitment to reliable and competent service to colleagues and clients is essential. The position entails office time, inter-regional collaboration, and fieldwork with potential for travel and work in remote areas. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to participate in industry association meetings, and technical presentations/papers. As part of the LGL Limited team, the successful candidate will be encouraged to pursue water quality projects that may be of particular personal interest. There is also opportunity to collaborate with our Western Region water quality group to support and develop shared projects.
Responsibilities specific to the position include:
- Designing and implementing monitoring programs
- Compiling, managing and assessing water quality data
- Supporting or leading technical writing and developing strategies for clients on baseline studies, federal and provincial environmental assessments, regulatory permitting, compliance programs, due diligence projects and related activities
- Supporting or leading water quality related business opportunities
- Communicating with colleagues, clients, and vendors
The successful candidate demonstrates abilities and experience consistent with the following minimum qualifications:
- An advanced degree (MSc or PhD) in environmental chemistry (or related) with a background in aquatic science, environmental science, toxicology or chemistry
- At least five years of experience working in the field of water quality sampling, design, and analysis
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of statistical software such as R, and ability to apply appropriate univariate and multivariate statistical methods
- Experience with water, sediment, and/or biological sampling
- Experience developing and managing projects, including budgets, schedules, and deliverables
- Valid driver’s license with a clean Driver’s Abstract
Salary & Benefits: LGL Limited provides competitive salaries commensurate with experience and capability. We also offer professional development opportunities, financial and extended health care benefits.
If you meet the above listed qualifications and are interested in a career that provides opportunities to work on a wide variety of project types with a broad client base, we’d love to hear from you. Please send via email a cover letter describing how you meet the requirements of the position, your career goals and objectives, citizenship/residency status, contact details for at least two current professional references, and a full CV to:
Lynette Renzetti, Senior Ecologist
LGL Limited, Ontario Region
LGL is an employee-owned, international environmental research and consulting firm with over 50 years of experience conducting fish and wildlife research and monitoring projects in North America and around the globe (www.lgl.com).