LGL Limited – Sidney, BC
LGL is accepting applications for a mid-level biologist/ecologist position in our Sidney, B.C., office.
We conduct environmental research, monitoring, and assessments for a wide variety of clients in Canada, the U.S.A., and beyond. The successful candidate will work as a member of our existing office-based team to fulfill existing and upcoming project obligations. This is a full-time, career-building position with significant fieldwork (travel) requirements.
Qualifications & Experience:
- MSc (or equivalent; candidates lacking an MSc but with strong, proven field, analytical, and writing skills will be considered)
- RP Bio or PBiol certification (or eligibility to obtain this designation)
- driver’s license and clean Driver’s Abstract
- solid working knowledge of the taxonomy and ecology of the terrestrial flora and/or terrestrial fauna of B.C. and Alberta
- experience as a consulting biologist is an asset
- works safely and dependably both alone and as part of a team
- strong organizational, writing, and communication skills
- able to work in remote areas away from home for extended periods
- willing to take on new challenges and responsibilities
- has worked in the (harsh) terrestrial environments of B.C. and/or Alberta
- has completed terrestrial inventory projects to provincially and federally accepted standards
- has prepared or assisted with proposals and project reporting
- working knowledge of statistical software like R; application of univariate and multivariate statistical methods to ecological data
- familiar with a variety of field and office equipment running a variety of apps
- experience with restoration, reclamation, or rehabilitation of impaired habitats is an asset
Salary & Benefits: LGL Limited provides competitive salaries and benefits.
Contact: Send via email a cover letter with career goals and objectives, citizenship/residency status, and a full CV with references to:
Joyce (Rosie) LaRose
9768 Second Street
Sidney, BC V8L 3Y8
LGL is an employee-owned, international environmental research and consulting firm with 50 years of experience conducting fish and wildlife research and monitoring projects in North America and around the globe (www.lgl.com).