INTERMEDIATE/SENIOR AQUATIC SCIENTIST
LGL Limited – Sidney, BC
LGL Limited is one of North America’s premier ecological research and consulting firms. Our scientists conduct research, monitoring, and environmental assessments for a variety of clients in Canada, the United States, and beyond. We provide leading-edge, science-based solutions to natural resource matters across a diversity of clients while maintaining the utmost integrity. We are presently seeking a full-time Intermediate or Senior Aquatic Scientist to join our growing team of water quality experts in Sidney, BC.
The successful candidate will be a team player – knowledgeable and experienced in the application of ecological principles and practices to protect and manage water resources under federal and provincial regulatory frameworks in Canada. Knowledge and experience with regulatory frameworks in the US and the development of environmental quality benchmarks (e.g., water quality guidelines) are additional qualities of interest.
To succeed in this position, you must be business-minded, motivated, and flexible. An ongoing commitment to reliable and competent service to colleagues and clients is essential. Previous consulting experience is desirable. This position includes office time, inter-regional collaboration, and fieldwork involving travel and working in remote areas. Registration as a Professional Biologist with the BC College of Applied Biology, or ability to register soon, is required.
Qualifications & Experience:
- MSc with specialization in aquatic ecology and/or water quality;
- At least five years of experience working in the following areas: water quality, sediment quality, or biological sampling; developing monitoring programs and/or study designs; data analysis; and reporting;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Experience conducting critical reviews of monitoring programs, study designs, or regulatory requirements (e.g., Environmental Assessment applications);
- Practical experience with statistical software such as R, and ability to apply appropriate univariate and multivariate statistical methods to ecological data;
- Experience developing and managing complex projects, including proposals, budgets, schedules, and deliverables;
- Valid driver’s licence.
Salary & Benefits: LGL Limited provides competitive salaries commensurate with experience and capability. We also offer financial and extended health care benefits.
Contact: If you meet the requirements and are keen to join the LGL team, please send via email a cover letter with career goals and objectives, citizenship/residency status, and a full CV to:
Joyce (Rosie) LaRose
9768 Second Street
Sidney, BC V8L 3Y8
LGL is an employee-owned, international environmental research and consulting firm with 50 years of experience conducting fish and wildlife research and monitoring projects in North America and around the globe (www.lgl.com).