LGL Limited – King City, ON
LGL Limited, considered one of North America’s premier ecological research and consulting firms, is accepting applications for the position of a GIS Analyst in our King City, Ontario office. We provide leading-edge, science-based solutions to a diversity of clients in Canada, the U.S.A., and beyond. The successful candidate will work as a member of our office-based team to fulfill project obligations. Some travel may be required. The successful candidate will be pursuing a career in GIS, consistent with the following qualifications and experience.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Post-secondary degree in GIS with a geography/earth sciences focus, or advanced diploma in GIS from a technical school
- Minimum five years of project-related GIS experience related to environmental sciences
- Working knowledge of GIS concepts, spatial analyses, and modelling
- Understanding of cartographic principles and able to produce high-quality mapping products
- Proficient with ArcGIS (ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro) and its associated tools and extensions (e.g., Spatial Analyst, 3D Analyst)
- Experience with AutoCad and Microstation considered an asset
- Able to develop and implement geo-processing scripts, models for analysis, reporting, and modeling activities
- Familiar with database creation, management, and manipulation
- Working knowledge of geodetic principles, including map projections, datums, and the associated projection and transformation methodologies
- Experience in GIS software development including, model builder, Python, Arcade, .net, and web development tools
- Experience with raster datasets, including satellite imagery, orthophotography, LiDAR
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Access, Word, Outlook)
- Willingness to learn from others and able to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
Salary & Benefits: LGL provides competitive salaries and benefits.
Contact: Send via email a cover letter with your career goals and objectives, citizenship/residency status, and a full CV (be sure to describe how your qualifications and experience align with the criteria listed above) to:
Ms. Constance Agnew
LGL is an employee-owned, international environmental research and consulting firm with 50 years of experience conducting fish and wildlife research and monitoring projects in North America and around the globe (www.lgl.com).