BIOLOGIST / ECOLOGIST
LGL Limited – Sidney, BC
About LGL Limited
Founded in 1971, LGL Limited is an employee-owned environmental research and consulting firm serving clients in Canada, the USA, and internationally. LGL’s client base spans industry, government, Indigenous groups, public corporations, academia, and non-governmental organizations. Our body of work, including peer-reviewed scientific publications, demonstrates our scientific competence in the field and office, our ability to evaluate the environmental impacts of human activities, advance scientific knowledge, and satisfy or exceed the requirements of our clients and regulators.
What You Will Be Doing
- Leading and supporting projects focused on addressing regulatory requirements or specific client needs related to wildlife and wildlife habitat, vegetation, wetlands, and general ecology.
- Conducting project work to provincially and federally accepted standards.
- Preparing and assisting with proposals and project reporting.
- Travelling for fieldwork with some projects requiring multiple trips away from home (up to 10–12 consecutive days with multiple trips per year).
What You Will Bring
- Master of Science plus 3–5 years of professional experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- RPBio (BC) or PBiol (AB) certification (or eligibility to obtain this designation).
- Knowledge of the taxonomy and ecology of the terrestrial flora and/or terrestrial fauna of B.C. and Alberta.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Competence with field equipment and logistics.
- Experience as a consulting biologist is an asset.
- Positive attitude and flexibility to go-with-the-flow.
- Willingness to work in harsh environments, including industrial sites.
What We Will Provide
- Competitive salary plus potential for profit sharing and ownership.
- Extended healthcare benefits and long-term disability.
- 3 weeks of paid vacation (initially).
- Contributions towards an RRSP and professional certifications.
- Career growth through mentorship, structured and informal professional development, and peer relationships.
- A safe and respectful workplace.
- Eligibility to work in Canada.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract.
The complete job description can be found below. If this dynamic opportunity within a growing organization sounds like a great fit for you, please apply with your resume and cover letter here.
This posting will remain open until filled.
LGL is an employee-owned, international environmental research and consulting firm with over 50 years of experience conducting fish and wildlife research and monitoring projects in North America and around the globe (www.lgl.com).